Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Apple Picking

This past weekend I went apple picking at Bowman Orchards seeing as how it was late in the season and I still hadn't been this year. It wasn't a weekend too soon either since they are calling for the first snow showers sometime Wednesday morning. No accumulation of the ground, but just some falling flakes. It was a beautiful day as well without a cloud in the sky.

While I was there I accumulated ~12 pounds of apples ranging from Cortland, Empire, Fuji, McIntosh, Mutsu, and probably a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. Pile on the Apple Cider Doughnuts, fresh Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge, fresh Raspberries, and Pumpkins and the trip was well worth the effort.

If you have not been picking this year, you may still have a shot left in the next week or two. Time is running out though because the temperature is starting to drop.

No comments: