Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Crude Awakening

Without getting into a lengthy debate about why the price of oil is so high and continuing to increase, let me say that when I fill up my vehicle it's the worst day of the month. The cheapest gas that I personally can remember was $0.99 back in the mid 90's. (I'm not that old if you can't tell from that previous statement) So to commemorate this fine rainy weekend, I have decided to conserve my gas use by taking an inside approach. I will be adding to the list of independent films I've seen by watching 'A Crude Awakening - The Oil Crash' this weekend. It's accolades include winner of the Zurich Filmprize and official selection at over 40 film festivals worldwide including the SXSW Film Festival (Go Austin!). Enjoy your week, stay dry, and conserve gas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the same here. the oil price just increased last month.